Program and Activities
DSCI program for best practices development, cyber security awareness through outreach, engagement with the government on data protection regulations, collaboration with the industry, and working with law enforcement agencies for handling cyber crimes are some of the major initiatives.
The Program also aims at developing certification/ratings of organization in their preparedness for data protection, and for developing alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanism to establish itself as a self-regulatory organization.
Harness data protection as a lever for economic development of India through global integration of practices and standards conforming to various legal regimes.
To create trustworthiness of Indian companies as global sourcing service providers, and to assure clients worldwide that India is a secure destination for outsourcing where privacy and protection of customer data are enshrined in the global best practices followed by the industry.
- Public Advocacy on Data Protection and Cyber Security
- Capacity Building on Security and Privacy
- Thought Leadership through Best Practices and Standards
- Independent Oversight for assurance and Dispute Resolution through ADR – towards Self-Regulation
- Cyber Crimes Speedier Trials through training of Judiciary and Law Enforcement Agencies