He has ensured his company’s information security posture is significantly improved by following a multi-domain, multi-level, defense in depth approach and it gets regularly reviewed by several internal and external auditing agencies including getting certified for the prestigious DSCI Privacy Framework, PCI DSS, ISO 27001security, BS10012 certifications.
He was earlier responsible for IT Security for HSBC India. He has achieved excellence in his field & is the winner of the following National & International awards:
- Indian Express Security Strategist Award 2010,
- Prestigious CISO 100 award for three consecutive 2011/ 2012/2013
- Innovator of the year 2013 / Security Innovator of the Year 2012
- CIO Grand Master 2012 /2013 Awards
He is also a regular speaker & jury member at the following forums:
- Bombay Chambers of Commerce & Industry
- E-crime India /CSO /CTO / CIO Forum / Express Computers
- Teaching Cyber security in schools and to retired armed forces personnel assisting them in getting jobs in the industry
Whenever he is not implementing Infosec controls, he is ardently involved in adventure sports; be it SCUBA Diving, Kayaking, or Biking in the Himalays.
He holds the World Limca Record for Motor biking across 4 of the world’s highest pass (at heights > 18,000 feet) in the Indo China / Pakistan border and also a Black Belt (SHODAN) in Karate do martial arts.
He has worked extensively in supporting special / autistic children of different NGOs with IT skills as part of the World of Difference “WOD” program.
Burgess holds the following professional qualifications:
MBA – Information Technology- Jamnalal Bajaj College of Management
CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor I CISM – Certified IT Security Manager
CGEIT- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT
BE – Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications
Manish has 26 years of work experience including 25 years in the Indian Navy where he set up the Information Security Practice , which included the formulation of Policy Frameworks, Security Audits, Product Testing, Implementation of Solutions, Cyber Forensics and Risk Management. His experience includes coordinating and directing all phases of Project based efforts, whilst managing, motivating, guiding and mentoring teams, in the course of building up the Information Security organization of the Indian Navy.
In his last appointment, he represented the Indian Navy at all National level Government forums on issues related to IT security and e-governance, for the protection of the National Critical Information Infrastructure.
After leaving the Armed Forces, he served in an IT Risk Management Firm handling overall governance and Service Delivery of security services in the UID project and a major telecom.
Sandeep Singhal co-founded Nexus Venture Partners (www.nexusvp.com), in 2006 along with other successful entrepreneurs with prior investing experience. Nexus Venture Partners has over $600 million under management and is the leading early stage investor in India. Nexus has an active portfolio of over 50 companies across the technology, enterprise, consumer services, internet and mobile, alternate energy and agribusiness sectors. Sandeep represents Nexus on the boards of Cloudbyte (storage virtualization), ScaleArc (Data Clustering software), Eka Software Solutions (Commodity Trading & Risk Management Software), Mistral Solutions (Design & Software Development services), Altruist (Voice & web based VAS), Suminter India Organics (Organic produce), Dlight Design (Solar base consumer products), Sedemac (Mechatronic solutions for small engines), Sohan Lal Commodity Management (Agri-logistics solutions), FunctionSpace (social learning network for science), Lybrate (healthcare platform) and Uniken (Enterprise security).
Prior to Nexus, Sandeep has been an entrepreneur and was co-founder & CEO of Medusind Solutions, one of the leading healthcare outsourcing companies in India where he is currently a Board member. He was also Co-founder & Managing Director of eVentures India, started in 1999 to focus on incubating and investing in early stage Indian start ups. At eVentures, Sandeep invested in CustomerAsset (acquired by Firstsource), Mentorix Solutions (acquired by Lionbridge), Intigma (acquired by Emptoris), and MakeMyTrip (sale to SAIF Partners). He has held senior roles at McKinsey & Company, Digital Equipment and EDA Systems.
Sandeep has an MBA (with Distinction) from The Wharton School with a dual Major in Finance and Marketing, and a BS in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University. He is on the Board of TiE Mumbai, and is actively involved with the Entrepreneurs Organization and the Wharton and Stanford India Alumni Associations.
- Academics – Bachelor in Computer Science from Fergusson College, University of Pune and MBA (Finance) from NMIMS (Bombay University)
- Total of 20 years of experience in diverse areas
- Started career with National Stock Exchange (NSE) and worked there for 3 years (part of core team which built & rolled out India’s first electronic exchange trading platform)
- In 1997, quit NSE and setup a technology startup specializing in web applications, e-commerce portals and eLearning solutions
- Expanded the operations with development centers in Mumbai & Pune and clients spread across the world
- After achieving scale, sold off the business to strategic investors and divested stake
- Joined ICICI Bank in 2004 and have been with the Bank for over 10 years
- Rich banking experience in diverse roles – Treasury Operations, Technology, Risk Management and Information Security
- Currently designated as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for ICICI Group – responsible for ICICI Bank and all its Group companies in India and internationally