Categories and Eligibility Criteria
Category 1: DSCI Excellence Award for Security Product Company of the Year
- The company which has developed Information Security product(s) can apply.
- Company should be registered in India.
- Product (mentioned in the nomination form) should be designed and developed in India.
- IPR/Patents, if any, should be owned by the Indian entity.
- Company that has won this award earlier is not eligible to apply
- A Company nominating any product for ‘DSCI Innovation Box’ category cannot nominate in this category.
Category 2: DSCI Excellence Award for Most Innovative Product of the Year (Innovation Box)
- Innovative Security/ Privacy Products which should not have violated/ breached/ copied any idea/ concept/ product already copyright or patent can be nominated.
- Company nominating in Innovation Box should comply with the startup definition as given in startup India Acton plan launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister on January 16, 2016. (for definition refer Annexure 1)
- Company started as a services company, and launched the first product after August 15, 2011, can also apply but such company must need to produce Declaration/ Proof of the 1st product launch date. In this case company has to provide details specific to the product segment and not include details of the services segment.
- The product should have been designed and developed in India.
- For the nominated products if there is any IPR/Patents registered, it should be owned by the Indian entity.
- Company that has won this award earlier is not eligible to apply.
- Level I: DSCI and PwC will do first level of screening after receiving the nominations based on the quality and completeness of the responses provided in the respective nomination forms.
- Level II: DSCI and PwC may seek additional information / artifacts from the shortlisted nominations and if required, may also conduct onsite visits & interviews and subsequently shortlist finalists.
- Level III: The Jury will evaluate the finalists along with the contribution component of audience votes through polling. Based on weighted marking, the winner will be decided.
Judging products according to the following criteria:
- Product Idea (25 marks)
- Product relevance, novelty, USP and Vision
- Product Roadmap (25 marks)
- Product commercialization, management and ecosystem
- Organization Profile (20 marks)
- Promoter, Leadership, Management and Experience
Jury Panel score and Audience Poll