He has published and lectured extensively on the IT Act 2000, e-commerce, emerging technologies, digital signatures, cyber security and cyber crimes. Dr Bajaj is the author of ‘E-Commerce’, published by TATA McGraw Hill and ‘Office Automation’, and ‘Fundamentals of Computers’ by McMillan India. His articles have appeared in leading publications like DataQuest, FORCE, InformationWeek and HT Mint. His papers have been published by international think tanks like EastWest Institute. In his role of public advocacy, he has authored and presented policy papers on reasonable security practices, encryption policy, extending of binding corporate rules to the service providers under the EU Data Protection Directive, and recommendations on the proposed privacy law in the country. He has commented on the security and privacy concerns of the UID project, and presented the same at RISE international conference on security, privacy and ethics of biometrics.
Dr. Bajaj began his career as a Software Engineer at CAE Electronics in Canada. He has a Ph.D. (Physics) from McMaster University, Canada and a Master degree from Delhi University. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, India and a Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India.
Shri Tanksale is enriched with a Bachelor degree of Science, a Master degree in English Literature and professional credentials like Fellow member of the Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of India (FCMA); Company Secretary (Inter) of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India; CAIIB.
He joined the Union Bank of India as a Probationary Officer on August 26, 1974 and elevated to the rank of General Manager. Thereafter Shri Tanksale was Executive Director of Punjab National Bank from March 26, 2009. Shri Tanksale also led Punjab National Bank for a brief period of 4 months. Shri Tanksale was elevated as Chairman and Managing Director of Central Bank of India on June 28, 2011.
- A Visionary Banker for a span of more than 38 years, he has held several important fields and administrative positions, such as Deputy/Head – Credit Monitoring, International Banking and Planning, Research & Development, Marketing, Transaction Banking etc.
- He also made outstanding contribution in promoting e-banking and third party products, viz., cash management service, insurance and mutual funds, etc. In his last assignment as General Manager – he had set up ‘Transaction Banking Division’ of the bank, wherein on the strength of technology based platform, the bank could put forth a wide array of products and services for the customers.
- As Executive Director in Punjab National Bank, Shri Tanksale had effectively driven functional areas like Planning & Development, Marketing, Human Resources, Priority Sector & Financial Inclusion, IT, Inspection & Audit, Risk Management Division, Treasury Division, International Banking Division, Recovery Division, Financial Inclusion etc.
- Shri Tanksale in his first day communication to employees promised to treat them as his first customer. He strongly believes that a satisfied employee brings delight to Bank’s customers. He implemented this philosophy in letter and spirit.
- Optimal use of technology for customer centric products is hall mark of his work culture. Introduction of e-Lobby, Digital marketing, Tie-up with State Governments and Corporates for e-payment solution, Financial Inclusion are receiving focussed attention from him.
- A man with intense HR orientation brought structural changes by empowering Regional Managers for fast decision and Zonal Offices have been made responsible for business facilitation and marketing. Thus structural changes for more leaner organization has improved efficiency & decision making.
- Due to his HR initiates, Central Bank of India has been adjudged the winner of GOLDEN PEACOCK HR EXCELLENCE AWARD 2012. The Sunday Standard (The New Indian Express Group) also awarded him the Best Banker Award. He has also been conferred the title of PERSON OF THE YEAR for his contribution in the area of Financial Inclusion by SKOCH Foundation.
- Shri Tanksale was also on the Board of Life Insurance Corporation of India, Indo Zambia Bank Ltd. He was also ex-officio Chairman of Cent Bank Home Finance Limited and Cent Bank Financial Services Ltd.
- Shri Tanksale was Chairman of H R Committee of Indian Banks’ Association.
- He is a member of the National Governing Council of Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
His hobbies include Sports, Music, Reading & Travelling.
Prof Saran has been actively working in 4G wireless technologies. During 2000-2002 he was a Visiting Professor at the Information Systems Lab, Stanford where he worked on the media access control layer of an exploratory 4G wireless systems. He has been investigating wireless access and mesh technologies to enable ICT for rural masses.
More recently his group has been working on a rural content distribution framework for building disruption tolerant applications and in the area of peer-to-peer audio/video collaboration frameworks for online education (supported in part under the National Mission on Education through ICT). Dr Saran has also collaborated in the past with AT&T Research and Lucent Bell Labs in the area of Network Performance Analysis as a consultant (during 1993-2000).
Dr Saran has also been a consultant during 2004-2010 to Solidcore Inc, a Software Startup. During this time he helped define and build a novel software protection technology for critical servers and embedded products. Solidcore was purchased by Mcafee in 2009 for its pathbreaking Dynamic Whitelisting technology.
An Expert in the Net Work Centric, Information and Cyber Warfare, he was instrumental for the approval and setting up of the Army Cyber Group and the First Information Warfare Brigade of the Indian Army. He was the Project Director of Army Strategic Communication Network (ASCON) and is the author of the Defence Communication Network (1995), Tactical Communication System (1996), and ASTROIDS besides a number of regional optical fibre and satellite based networks in some of the most inhospitable terrains in the North and East India. He headed the national study on Cryptography, was a member of the National Committee on spectrum management and Adviser on IT to the state of Madhya Pradesh.
He has worked with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Oil India, and the Planning Commission. He has been an Examiner for the University Grants Commission, on the Court of The Indraprastha University, member of the Hardware and Human Resource Groups of the IT Task Force and the Advisory Committee of National Disaster Management Authority appointed by the Prime Minister. He was member of the committee which formulated the I T Act; 2000. He is a recipient of five National Awards including the highest for Distinguished Service of the Most Exceptional Order.