Regulatory Compliance Intelligence (RCI)
- Map the legal and compliance requirements to each data element that an organization is dealing with in all of its business processes, enterprise and operational functions, and client relationships.
- Establish a process that keeps a track of the applicable legal and regulatory changes
- Ensure that an organization has the right kind of information sources that feed its intelligence on regulations.
- Evaluate the impact of non-compliance to applied regulations. Identify the liabilities imposed by the regulations with respect to specific data elements
- Establish an understanding of how an organization is liable and what are the instruments that enforce and invoke the liability
- Ensure that there exists an understanding about what position an organization assumes in legal relationship ecosystem. Is it a Data Subject, or Data Controller or Data Processor
- Ensure that an organization is in a position to test the relevance of legal elements in its environment
- Ensure that the knowledge in respect of the legal and regulatory compliances is managed effectively. This knowledge should have an important place in the organization’s privacy initiatives
- Ensure that the legal and compliance related information is shared effectively with all the relevant functions in the organization
- Establish an effective Regulatory Compliance Intelligence in the organisation by adopting contemporary approaches, trends and practices
DSCI Privacy Framework