Mumbai Cyber Lab is a unique initiative of Public- Private Partnership model for training of police officers of Mumbai police in investigation of cyber crimes. It is a joint initiative of Mumbai Police & DSCI – NASSCOM and is supported by Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communication & Information Technology and ICICI Bank. Conceived during the year 2004, Mumbai Cyber Lab was the first DSCI Cyber lab which was made operational on 8th March 2004. It imparts basic training to the officers posted at different Police Stations through a standardized training curriculum and has so far more than 4500 officers till date.
The Mumbai Cyber Lab also participates in an annual mega awareness program which has expanded this year from a regular Cyber Safety Week to a Cyber safety awareness month. As part of this initiative DSCI and NASSCOM with the support of industry and state police run an annual Mega Awareness Event which this year was expanded to a month long program.
- Organized Cyber Safety Month 2013 with the support of NASSCOM, Industry and state police. As part of the program the DSCI Cyber Lab team was involved in:
- Overall program management, content design and development for various training programs for Students, Industry, law enforcement and judiciary
- Contribution in content creation-
- Do’s and Don’ts on cyber safety
- Parental guidance on cyber safety
- Development of Cyber safety Punch statements for Bollywood stars
- ICE mobile phone application developed by KPMG
- Organized and conducted four days training program for Maharashtra Judicial academy which was attended by 60 officers for district / metropolitan / sr. division magistrates.
- Conducted training program for more than 100 Service tax officers on cybercrimes. The program was inaugurated by Shri R Sekar, Commissioner of Service Tax.
- Trained 150 police officers who in turn could reach out to 360 schools
and colleges and addressed over 1.5 lac students in a day
- Awareness programs in colleges with Additional Commissioner Of Police (South Zone)
- 15 days Training program designed & conducted for the Special Branch Officers under the guidance of Addl. Commissioner of Police (SB) for operating the Social Media Lab which was inaugurated as part of the cyber safety Month 2013.
- Special Training program designed for creating nodal officers in the state, who will be responsible for handling cybercrime issues at their commisionerate or regions across Maharashtra. The training program was designed with the Spl. IGP (Training) & Program and was circulated
across major districts in Maharashtra.
- Special workshop on cybercrime awareness, mobile crimes and financial frauds was conducted for 50 Police officers (PSI and above) of DCP
(zone X) on 3rd May 2012.
- Involved in multiple training programs for Probationer Police Sub-Inspectors (PSI) of Mumbai police.
- Invited for guest lecture at Kapol Cooperative Bank Ltd. (multistate scheduled bank) on awareness on cybercrimes.